- Co-creating Peace Episode #111 – “The Power of the Pause" (Episode #79 Redux) Kathleen Oweegon 30:49
Welcome to “The Power of the Pause” (Episode #79 Redux), Episode #111 of Co-creating Peace, a podcast series about conscious communication and conflict transformation.
Last week, in Episode #110, “Mindful Spacious Listening”, Alan Carroll & I talked about creating the space in a conversation for another person to fully share what they want us to hear, and creating the space within our awareness to deeply hear them. During our conversation, I was reminded of an earlier episode of this podcast from July of last year, which was titled “The Power of the Pause”, and included a conversation I had with Howard Falco, a listener on Wisdom App. I decided to revive that episode as a sequel to last week’s because the information builds so well on the conversation Alan and I had. I hope this helps reinforce in your mind the immeasurable value of creating space for deeper understanding in your conversations with others.
- Creating and harvesting space between stimulus and response as a portal for our wisdom
- How implementing the Iroquois Rule of 6 from the perspective of the Neutral Observer within us creates greater opportunity to wiser responses
- What's most important is not who you were, but who do you want to be now?
- Recognizing that we can use the Power of the Pause to consciously decide who we want to be
To learn more about Howard Falco, my guest on Wisdom App, visit his website: www.howardfalco.com.
Visit: Wisdom App, to download the app to your Apple or Android device.
Please support Co-creating Peace:
- Subscribe to Co-creating Peace on your favorite podcast provider
- Send me your ideas for topics & guests or be a guest to talk about your communication or conflict resolution challenges & receive free communication Coaching.
- Share on social media & tell the world about Co-creating Peace!
- Becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/CocreatingPeace
Contact Kathleen Oweegon at: email@example.com to share your ideas and feedback for this show. You can receive a free 30-minute communication Coaching session by being a guest on Co-creating Peace to talk about your communication challenges and receive Kathleen's suggestions on the air. Visit BridgesofPeace.com to learn more about Kathleen and her work.