- Co-creating Peace Episode #109 – “Mindful Spacious Speaking” Kathleen Oweegon 35:01
Have you ever felt bombarded by words – perhaps the words someone is speaking to you, or the words in your head crowding each other to be spoken? Words spoken to quickly are often absent of mindfulness and the wisdom that comes with that, and may not allow the listener the opportunity to fully absorb the message the words are intended to convey. The depth and potential of understanding can be diminished when words are delivered in an onslaught.
There is a remedy for this. The remedy is two-fold, consisting of Mindful Spacious Speaking and Mindful Spacious Listening.
Joining me to tell us about these practices is Alan Carroll, an educational psychologist specializing in trans-personal psychology, and founder of Alan Carroll & Associates.
Enjoy “Mindful Spacious Speaking”, Episode #109 of Co-creating Peace, a series about conscious communication and conflict transformation.
Some of the highlights of our conversation include:
- Defining Mindful Spacious Speaking
- The benefits of creating space in our communication
- Deepak Chopra’s S-T-O-P technique: Stop, Take three deep breaths, Observe your breath & your body, and Proceed with awareness and compassion.
- The 3 “legs” of the articulation “stool”: clarity, impact & fluidity
Alan Carroll is an Educational Psychologist who specializes in Trans-personal Psychology. He founded Alan Carroll & Associates 30 years ago and has dedicated his life in search of mindfulness tools that can be used by everyone (young and old) to transform their ability to speak at a professional level, reduce the psychological suffering caused by the mis-identification with our ego, and reconnect to the vast transcendent dimension of consciousness that lies just on the other side of the thoughts we think and in between the words we speak. Alan is a successful public speaker, trainer, coach & corporate consultant. He and his team have delivered the Mindfulness in Action workshops in over 50 countries since 1983.
Join us again next week, when Alan and I will discuss Mindful Spacious Listening, a practice to deepen understanding and enrich relationships of all kinds, personal, professional, and even those that last for just a moment in time.
To learn more about Mindful Spacious Speaking, Alan Carroll, and his work, visit: acamindfulyou.com.
Alan's social media links:
- Personal: https://www.facebook.com/alan.carroll.7359
- Business: https://www.facebook.com/AlanCarrolltrains
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aca-mindful-you/
- Web Site: www.acamindfulyou.com
Please support Co-creating Peace:
- Subscribe to Co-creating Peace on your favorite podcast provider
- Send me your ideas for topics & guests or be a guest to talk about your communication or conflict resolution challenges & receive free communication Coaching.
- Share on social media & tell the world about Co-creating Peace!
- Becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/CocreatingPeace
Contact Kathleen Oweegon at: email@example.com to share your ideas and feedback for this show. You can receive a free 30-minute communication Coaching session by being a guest on Co-creating Peace to talk about your communication challenges and receive Kathleen's suggestions on the air. Visit BridgesofPeace.com to learn more about Kathleen and her work.