- Movie Star Ruta Lee Talks Rat Pack and The Twilight Zone Jeff Dwoskin 43:26
Ruta Lee is one of Hollywood’s most glamorous ladies. Ruta is known for her roles in films such as Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Witness for the Prosecution, and Sergeant’s Three. She has also had a successful career in television and is an active civic contributor who has held leadership roles in The Thalians, a charitable organization committed to mental health.
My guest, Ruta Lee and I discuss:
- Ruta Lee’s memoir, Consider Your Ass Kissed
- Her amazing fundraising work with Debbie Reynolds for their organization, The Thalians, a fundraising organization for raising funds for mental health issues and veterans.
- Ruta’s starring role in The Twilight Zone episode A Short Drink from a Certain Fountain
- Ruta shares her memories of Rod Sterling and we dive a bit into her episode and how it was lost for years but finally found and can now be viewed with the rest of the catalog.
- Ruta’s origin story – how a teacher saw the potential in Ruta at a very young age
- Being discovered at a club which led to her role in Witness for the Prosecution
- Hanging with the Rat Pack
- Landing a lead role in the Rat Pack’s film Sergeant 3
- Meeting Marilyn Monroe at Dean Martin’s birthday party thrown by Frank Sinatra
- Working with Jerry Lewis in Funny Bones
- Ruta’s friendship with Lucille Ball and her appearance on The Lucy Show with Milton Berle
- and SO MUCH MORE
You’re going to love my conversation with Ruta Lee
Follow Jeff Dwoskin:
- Jeff Dwoskin on Twitter
- The Jeff Dwoskin Show podcast on Twitter
- Podcast website
- Podcast on Instagram
- Yes, the show used to be called Live from Detroit: The Jeff Dwoskin Show
Ruta Lee is an actress, dancer, and singer. She is best known for her roles in films such as Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) and Witness for the Prosecution (1957). Lee has also appeared on television series such as The Virginian and The Twilight Zone.