- Steve Patterson's Unbelievable Journey: From Liver Failure to Transplant Cancer U 38:52
After 11 years of battling stage four liver failure, Steve Patterson’s unwavering faith in himself pays off when he is miraculously granted a liver transplant, but his journey is far from over as he must now overcome the challenge of Hepatitis C to survive.
Steve Patterson is a former US Army veteran who was diagnosed with stage four liver failure in 2011 and was given six months to live. He has since recovered and is now a certified licensed drug and alcohol counselor and a Shamanic practitioner.
- 02:56: I had an accident where I fell, and I woke up in the hospital.
- 04:49: She delivers stage four failure, six months to live.
- 06:22: I never thought of the VA.
- 07:15: they had found two tumors about this big in my liver.
- 08:51:I’m not looking for a friend; I’m looking for the best.
- 10:31: I didn’t turn yellow with jaundice.
- 13:33: He said, I want you to turn down this liver.
- 16:02: I know that they all thought I was gonna die.
- 18:14: My gallbladder was removed.
- 19:59: I hopped on an airplane with everything I had.
- 22:28: I started the year with three terminal diseases.
- 25:52: What was your worst moment?
- 27:41: What about your best moment?
- 29:26: What is one thing you wish you had known at the beginning?
- 32:30: If you could only do one thing to change healthcare in the US, what would it be and why?
- 33:31: Thriver Rapid Fire
- 35:01: What’s one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?