- Share Your Story: Brad Power Cancer U 40:57
Brad Power is a lymphoma cancer survivor. He is trying to accelerate cancer treatment through innovation, and he’s building on his experience with process reengineering and managing technology.
- 01:50: The physician came back, and he said, we’ve done the scan, we think you have lymphoma.
- 04:20: I needed to be seen and get treated as fast as possible.
- 06:00: The scan showed hotspots where there was more cancer activity.
- 08:34: There was this thing that was pressing against my organs, and it was that pressing that was causing the pain.
- 11:01: How did you feel as a patient?
- 13:53: What did that chemotherapy regimen look like?
- 16:25: I’m a super health nut — always have been.
- 18:15: The idea of pushing myself to the limit physically for exercise was something else that I did.
- 20:29: I do think there’s a balance between fasting, extreme fasting and I like that you fasted for 16 hours, not for 20 hours.
- 21:22: What was your worst moment in all of this?
- 22:02: What about your best moment?
- 24:23: At the time of my diagnosis, I was also writing articles for the Harvard Business Review.
- 26:39: Wow, thank you very much for sharing. You as a patient have a voice.
- 29:00: What is one thing that you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 31:13: If you could only do one thing to improve healthcare in the US, what would it be and why?
- 34:50: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 36:01: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
About the sponsor
This episode is sponsored by Side Effect Support, an online resource for cancer patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers to reduce harmful oral side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
- Go to SideEffectSupport.com
- Get 10% off your first order with the coupon code CANCERU.