- #69: Unleash Your Story Creativity With the Power of Improv Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 54:20
Brian Palermo, Actor and Author, joins the Business of Story Podcast to talk about the core principles of improv, relaxing into your creativity, and finding a true connection with your audience.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why you have to train your storytelling skills like your body in a gym
- How to apply the tenets of improv to your marketing strategy
- The importance of being present in the moment and focusing on your current audience
- How to release your creativity by relaxing and playing collaborative games
- Why finding the emotion in your story will draw the interest of your consumers
- How to combine your marketing goals with the story needs of your audience
- Brian Palermo
- Brian Palermo on Twitter, @brianpalermo
- “Connection: Hollywood Storytelling Meets Critical Thinking” by Randy Olson and Brian Palermo
- The Groundlings
- Dr. Randy Olson
- Wheel of Fortune
- Kristen Wiig
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.