- #68: 3 Big Things You Can Do Right Now to Jumpstart Your Business Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 45:17
John Jantsch, Founder and President of Duct Tape Marketing, joins the Business of Story Podcast to discuss strategies behind getting your story heard, finding your brand’s uniqueness, and marrying social advertising with great content.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why it pays to focus your energies and do one thing at a time
- How to interview your customers to find your unique value proposition
- Why it’s key to reach out and reactivate your existing consumer base
- How to ask the right questions to get answers and improve your brand story
- Why social is a great opportunity, but only if used with quality content
- How to pick channels that are right for your particular marketing strategy
- John Jantsch
- John Jantsch on Twitter, @ducttape
- Duct Tape Marketing
- Social Media Marketing World
- “The Commitment Engine” by John Jantsch
- “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.