- #61: The Four C's to Building Employee Advocacy Through Storytelling Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 1:01:50
Shane McLaughlin, Senior Manager of Content and Social Strategy at Walmart, joins the Business of Story Podcast to delve deep into the four main kinds of story content he uses to foster employee engagement.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why employee engagement is the base for a healthy organization
- How to listen to your audience to create impactful content
- Why it’s a wonderful thing that social is so unpredictable
- How the four C’s of content can help you create stronger content
- Why employees truly make the best brand advocates
- How to build advocacy by sharing personal stories within your organization
- Shane McLaughlin
- Shane McLaughlin on Twitter, @ShaneMcLaughlin
- Social Media Marketing World
- Rob and Melani Walton Foundation
- Inc. Magazine
- Power Wheel Princess Carriage
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.