- #56: How 16 Characteristics of Greatness Apply to Storytelling Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 1:01:32
Don Yaeger, Author and Speaker, joins the Business of Story Podcast to discuss how empathy is the core of compelling storytelling, why questions are key, and the 16 characteristics of greatness.The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- What the 16 characteristics of greatness are and how to apply them to your story
- How to ask the most interesting questions of your interviewees
- Why humor is an important tool for accessibility
- How empathy is at the core of all storytelling
- Why keeping good company that challenges you is a key to success
- How to break down barriers and open up your audience
- Don Yaeger
- Don Yaeger on Twitter, @DonYaeger
- Influence ‘16 Conference
- Sports Illustrated
- G. J. Hart
- Bill Swales
- John Wooden
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.