- #51: How to Create Stories That Resonate Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 44:09
Joe Pulizzi, Founder of the Content Marketing Institute, joins the Business of Story Podcast to share how to write for your audience, the importance of giving yourself time, and why less is often more.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Why it’s better to build your brand one channel at the time
- How to understand the point of view of your audience and create for them
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with a great team
- How to recognize what your brand does best and grow step by step
- Why it takes time to find and build up your audience
- How to let go of strategies that are not helpful to your brand
- Joe Pulizzi
- Joe Pulizzi on Twitter, @JoePulizzi
- Content Marketing Institute
- “Content Inc” by Joe Pulizzi
- “All Things Must Pass” Documentary
- “The Story of Content: Rise of the New Marketing” Documentary
- Mark Hamill
- Getting Goosebumps Podcast by Ph. Creative
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.