- #50: The Secret to Developing a Thriving Business Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 46:15
Jenny Beres, Freelance Copywriter and Coach, joins the Business of Story Podcast to reveal that being yourself lets your business thrive, it’s bold to relax, and the importance of putting connections first.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Why building genuine relationships helps build your business
- How to encourage yourself to have more conversations about your profession
- Why it’s a bold and humanizing move to share your embarrassing stories
- How to follow steps to create your own freelance business
- Why it’s key to relax and be yourself when dealing with clients
- How to put connections first and create opportunities to create more
- Jenny Beres
- Jenny Beres on Twitter, @JennyMBeres
- “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Truman Capote
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.