- #43: Funny Business: Storytelling for the 'Theatre of the Mind' Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 1:02:22
Dick Orkin, award winning voice actor, radio producer, and creator of “The Chicken Man” joins the Business of Story Podcast with his daughter, Lisa Orkin to help you illuminate your business stories with a dash of humor.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- How to write for the theater of the mind
- How to break your content into a three act play
- How to delineate between acts one, two, and three. Start with the problem that your customer has: the setup. Make it personal: use your own experiences to base your story upon. Reveal the solution to the problem in a surprising way.
- How to have fun while crafting your story
- Radio Ranch
- The Radio Ranch Facebook page
- Chicken Man
- The Secret Adventures of the Tooth Fairy
- Honestly Lisa, Lisa’s podcast
- Stan Freberg
- “It Only Hurts When I Laugh,” by Stan Freberg
- Bob and Ray
- Nichols and May
- Marie Forleo
- Danielle LaPorte
- The Message
- Myths and Legends
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.