- #41: Your Limitless Storytelling Potential Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 59:09
Shawn Callahan, Founder of Anecdote and author of, “Putting Stories to Work,” joins the Business of Story Podcast to help listeners excavate, manifest, and revitalize their finest stories yet.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- How to uncover stories in your personal and professional life that will connect with your audiences
- How to catalogue stories using cerebral hashtags and create your personal story archive
- Shawn’s four story categories: connection stories, influence stories, success stories, and clarity stories
- How to keep your winning, go-to stories fresh and appealing
- How to tell the story of your strategy
- “Putting Stories to Work,” by Shawn Callahan
- Anecdote’s Storytelling for Leaders program
- Anecdote’s Storytelling for Sales program
- Comedian Louis C.K.
- Comedian, actor, and author George Carlin
- Storytelling Coach, Terrence Gargiulo
- “The Storytelling Animal,” by Jonathan Gottschall
- Watch out for Park’s upcoming Friday Blab Sessions
- Business of Story YouTube Channel and video tools
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.