- #40: How to Craft Inspirational Stories Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 59:02
Tamsen Webster, Executive Producer of TEDx Cambridge and Senior VP of Oratium, joins the Business of Story podcast to help brands “develop, refine, and deliver” powerful stories.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Identify the right story for the right people at the right time
- “Motographics,” or motivation-based marketing
- Tamsen’s essential elements of an overall message: why, what now, and how
- The three F’s, or reasons people don’t like to present: lack of familiarity, lack of feeling, lack of faith
- The three P’s to combat the three F’s: practice, passion, preparation
- How to use personas: the commander, the counselor, the showman, and the sage
- How the Proteus Effect plays into storytelling
- Chekov’s gun
- TEDx Cambridge
- TEDx Talks
- TED Talks
- TEDSummit 2016
- “Wired for Story,” by Lisa Cron
- “Start With Why,” by Simon Sinek
- MarketingProfs podcast featuring Tamsen, “Why Your Marketing Doesn’t Work“
- Brand Driven Digital podcast, “Beyond the Positioning Statement with Tamsen Webster“
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.