- 080. The Love Always Project: Your final gift to a family well-loved 33:15
Planning a funeral may not be the most fun topic to bring up, but it’s such an important gift for your loved ones. Having a plan helps take care of those who live on after you die, and that generous labor of love is the focus of The Love Always Project.
Dean Lambert founded Love Always with a team of experienced subject-matter experts after 30 years of working alongside funeral professionals. The goal is to encourage people at a grassroots level to think more positively and proactively about end-of-life. Members get a treasure trove of content to help them think through arranging their funerals ahead of time.
With Dean as a guest, you’ll learn about:
– The Love Always Project and the inspiration for its creation
– End-of-life planning trends: Average age / costs, cremation vs. burial, and more
– Different financial and logistical considerations
– And more
Having a plan helps eliminate stress for your loved ones to grieve when it’s your time to go. Knowledge is the first step to helping them.
Takeaways from this episode:
– Often the trigger for people to think about funerals is when someone they know has passed.
– You’re doing the right thing when you discuss end-of-life plans and to encourage your loved ones to talk about it. This helps everyone get on the same page and avoid conflict after death.
– Your brain cannot function normally while grieving, and funerals can average around $5,500 – $6,000. That’s why it’s helpful to know loved ones’ plans ahead of time.
– Look into final expense insurance, trust products and products funeral directors offer to offset inflation. Once you have a plan, let people know as if it were an Advanced Directive or will.
– Cremation is becoming increasingly popular because of the lower price and different options for handling remains.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
To suggest a topic, be a guest or to support the podcast please email Lori@Loriwilliams-seniorservices.com
For more senior resources and to sign up to the newsletter please visit:
– Funeral planning
– The Love Always Project
– Cremation vs. burial
– Preparing financially for funerals
– Funeral stats
– Considerations for funeral planning